Wednesday 3 February 2016

Easter blessings

Easter Blessings
*** I ran out of daylight to shoot this card! Photography kindly provided by Natalie Gartforth ***
Hey!

Welcome back to Day 2 of the Clearly Besotted sneak peeks of the February release! If you missed out on Day 1 then click here. All of the new goodies are available to purchase from 5th February at 10pm GMT. :)

I know that I shared a creation featuring the 'You Are Wonderful' stamp set yesterday so I hope you won't mind that today's card features the same set. What can I say? I'm giving you a good peek at it LOL! I love it and I'm going to suggest that today's card is very different in both style and occasion from yesterday's. ;)

We have an early Easter in 2016 so the new Clearly Besotted release is perfectly timed for me to create a couple of cards ready for the occasion. To give the flowers a bit of a different look, therefore making it kinda different from yesterday's card (have I convinced you yet that it's different?!) I decided to capture a section of the image on the die-cut circle; it goes to show that sections of a stamp can look just as lovely as a full image. The sentiment tucks nicely next to the daffodils too which keeps everything contained snugly in the focal point.

tips and tricks
  • You can achieve a different look with these beautiful blooms by simply changing the colour of the ink used. For yesterday's card I opted to use grey ink which gave a softer, more subtle effect. The black ink used on today's card creates a bolder look. 
  • To make my daffodils really 'pop' I traced around the outline of them using a very light blue alcohol marker. This is a trick that works for any image and will instantly add some depth. 
  • I love to add little twine bows to mini pegs as a finishing embellishment. I find that a good dot of Glossy Accents is great at keeping the twine in place on the wooden peg. :) 
I promise that there are more sets from the Clearly Besotted February release to take a sneak peek at, and the best place to start to check them out is at Stephanie's. I also promise that tomorrow's card will feature a sneak peek of a different stamp set. I hope you can join me then!

Signature2

7 comments:

the Blackbird said...

Very romantic card...
Cristina
thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

Mandy said...

Stunning Easter card Aimes x

Lynn said...

Beautiful Aimes.

Michelle Short said...

I love this so much, Aimes! Gorgeous! xx

Maureen said...

These remind me that spring is just around the corner, or will be once our snow has melted :) Thanks for the tips! I need to try that outline one! ox

Keren Baker said...

They look perfect-partially! I much prefer the way you've treated them. A very gorgeous card! x

Salnclts said...

I love the daffodils!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.