Saturday 2 May 2015

HOORAY!

Hooray
Hey!

Hooray for the weekend! Hooray for the bank holiday weekend (for us UK peeps)! Hooray for the sneak peeks of the new Clearly Besotted release!

Yup, it's time to celebrate for a number of reasons today and this card celebrates some new Clearly Besotted goodies coming to you from Tuesday 5th May at 10pm UK time. I'm super-duper excited about the release this month as Clearly Besotted has teamed up with my very sweet and talented friend Lucy Abrams to bring you some dies that will make shaker cards easy peasy lemon squeezy!

Lucy is the queen of shaker cards and is now giving us all the chance to shake in style with her beautiful Sparkly Shaker Selection packs in a plethora of colours combined with these new dies. I used the HOORAY die for today's card - you can simply die-cut this and leave it as it is but I couldn't resist die-cutting it again from black cardstock and trimming the sentiment to really make it pop against the yummy yellow American Crafts Shimelle paper.

Hooray close up

The sentiment below the HOORAY is a sneak peek of the new set, My Hero. This set focuses on celebrating the guys, but the co-ordinating sentiments such as this one are perfect for celebrating anyone!

tips and tricks

  • I use sheets of fun foam to whip up shaker cards quickly. I simply die-cut a piece slightly smaller than the yellow piece to place underneath and cut the 'HOORAY' from the design as I need those pretties to shake all over the aperture. 
  • I didn't waste the sentiment cut from the fun foam panel as I mounted it on top of the sentiment and then added a black die-cut sentiment on top smothered with Glossy Accents. It adds real dimension and fun to the design. :)
  • Although you might be tempted to place the additional sentiment below the aperture so you can see all of those shiny sequins, tucking it underneath the 'HOORAY' keeps the design centred and the eye focused on the shaker element with ease. 
Well, that's all from me today. We've got a busy bank holiday ahead of us with visiting family and friends and of course, sharing more Clearly Besotted sneak peeks with you too! Can't wait until tomorrow? Then pop across to Stephanie's at CB HQ for even more sneaky peeks and also welcome our guestie, Rebecca Hoy, back on board for more CB fun!

As always, thank you SO MUCH for stopping by today. Your visits are always appreciated!

Signature2

22 comments:

Ruth said...

Oh that's a gorgeous card! I've just started to do shaker cards, so I can see some purchases coming up :) xx

Lucy Abrams said...

FABULOUS card Aimes. Love love love. xx

Unknown said...

Great shaker card. Karen x

Caryn said...

Fabulous Aimes - love the popped up sentiment!

Stephanie said...

And Hooray for this fabulous card!! :D xo

Anonymous said...

Wow, Aimes! I LOVE the way you did that wonderful sentiment! I guess you've enabled me to try the fun foam for a change. Too cute!

Mandy said...

Your card looks wonderful Aimes, love what you did with the sentiment x

Michelle Short said...

Love your shaker Aimes! Love what you have done with the die xx

cm said...

Fabulous...and thank you for the tips!
~c

Lisa Petrella said...

Super fun! The glossy "HOORAY" is awesome!

Neets B said...

Fabulous, I've not made a shaker card since I started cardmaking many years ago, perhaps I need to change that, I've seen so many fab ones lately x

Judith said...

Great card, Amy!

MagsB said...

What a simply lovely shaker card, Aimes! I love the 'Hooray' too, it looks superb! Can't wait for this release!!!

love Mags b x

Cornelie said...

LOVE shaker cards!! Great card!

loulou said...

What a fabulously fun card. I love that die.

Penny said...

So lovely! Great tips wit the fun foam and double layering the word as well :)

Swh2013 said...

Love the card!

Lou said...

great card x

Rebecca Hoy said...

Hey Aimes, love your card- these shaker dies look awesome and I cant wait to get my hand on some! Roll on Tuesday!!!! Rebecca x

Kim Heggins said...

Adorable card...love your shaker!

amnse said...

Love this card and the simple tips are very helpful!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the stunning writing! I truly enjoyed
checking your article, you can be a fantastic source.
I might always take note your blogs and may keep coming
back later on. I want to induce you to ultimately carry on your fantastic writing,
have a nice day!

Here is my web page ... harga sepatu geox

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.