Friday 2 August 2013

Just the type for my guy...


Apologies that my picture wasn't showing up earlier - oops! Thanks to those who let me know, hopefully you can see it now. Sorry! 

my type
Hey!

Happy Friday! I can't believe the weekend is coming already, although I'm totally ready for it after helping to run a summer school. I don't know how primary school teachers do it - those younger students have so much energy! LOL!

But you're here for a card right? That's the deal. And I'm sorry I've been zapped of creative energy and time to get my blogeroo back on track, but from today I think I'm getting organised. And it's a good job too as it's teaser time over at Clearly Besotted Stamps. Stephanie is releasing 8 new stamp sets and 7 new die collections! It's an amazing release!

Today's card gives you a sneaky peek of a new set (available from August 5th) called, 'Just my Type'. It feature a cool, vintage typewriter and lots of sentiments of your choice that fit perfectly into the paper in the typewriter. This is totally a card that will appeal to my guy - he has a love for vintage items, and we even have one of these typewriters on display in our living room.

tips and tricks
  •  I managed to squeeze two separate sentiments from the stamp set on to the paper in my typewriter. I like to think that the 'XOXO' emphasises the love conveyed in the original sentiment. :)
  • I added extra dimension to the keys of the typewriter using Glossy Accents. You can run your fingers over the keys of the typewriter and really 'feel' them! :)
  • The red heart has been smothered in Glossy Accents too, and gives the card a pop of colour. It also helps to balance the focal-point-stamping in the bottom half of the white strip of card.
Be sure to check out more over at the CBS blog - you're in for a real treat with this month's release! Oooh and be sure to check out the Clearly Besotted Stamps Facebook page as there's a few extra sneaky peeks over there too! :)

Signature2





12 comments:

Susie Sugar said...

I don't know if it's just me Amie but I can't see your photo only the HTML code ....hugs Susie xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Aimes
Cant see the photo's
Hugs Sylvie
Xx

Unknown said...

Aww can't see your sample Amy. Only a link that does nothing. :(

aaga said...

Something went wrong, Aimes. Blogger doesn't display the pictures, only html codes.

Debby Hughes said...

Worth the wait Aimes! Gorgeous and love all the type details :)))

Maureen said...

LOL, the wee ones DO have a lot of energy but they make me laugh :) I'm sure they adored spending time with royalty, Duchess :) LOVE that glossy heart ox

jimlynn said...

Very striking card! Love the pop of red on here too.
Lynn

Stephanie said...

Fabulous, love that little heart detail and the use of the text impression plate - flawless! xxx

Susie Sugar said...

Back to see your fabulous card darling .... It's gorgeous ...so smart xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I love the criss-crossed black strips with heart detail...a self-contained xo :) Awesome design!

claude techer said...

magnifique carte !

Christina said...

Ooh, love that vintage typewriter and can only imagine it's more fabulous with touchable keys. Such a sweet design!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.