Monday 4 July 2011

A misbehaving card...

Hey!

Happy Monday! Ooh and Happy 4th of July to my American buddies - hope you're having a fab day celebrating!

I've been a bit MIA in Blogland recently. My main excuses have been celebrating my birthday way beyond its day; the chaos leading up to the end of the school year and squeezing in as much Wimbledon viewing as possible (shame Murray couldn't make it to the final but boy oh boy what final it was yesterday!)

So needless to say, I haven't really had any inky time in my inky corner. So I'm gonna cheat instead and share some recent publications of my cards you can find in CARDS magazine:


Do you recognise it? This was the card I made from ribbon scraps ages ago and it got picked up by CARDS for their May 2011 issue.

I was relieved to finally see this card in print, as at one point it looked like I wouldn't: y'see this card went on a postal diversion didn't reach its destination. Eeek! Cue a mad dash to make another identical card (hard to do when under pressure!) and send it off again. End of the story? Well in a word, nope! What returns to me with some goodies and two copies of this issue? Yup, you guessed it, the original card I'd sent! So out there, somewhere version two of this card is on an adventure...hope it's a goodie :D

And before I leave ya, here's a card you can find in the June 2011 issue of CARDS that I haven't shared with you here:

I found it hard to part with this mini-card; I think those jewelled brads were calling me to keep it *wink* No drama or shenanigans with this well-behaved card though. It's typical that the easiest of cards to make are the ones I never need make another exact replica of in a hurry, eh?!

Super big thanks to CARDS for publishing my work and for being super understanding when my cards misbehave in the post :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Catch ya later!







Card Deets
{It's a Celebration}
Stamps: Fancy Flourishes, Birthday Bash Sentiments (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Antique Linen (Distress Ink)/Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Cardstock: Fine Linen (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Library Ledger Collection (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Grosgrain Ribbon Scraps, Jute Ribbon Twine


{Celebrate your day!}
Stamps: Signature Greetings (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Cardstock: Hawaiian Shores (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Green Boutique Collection (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: New Leaf Twill Ribbon (Papertrey Ink), Jewelled Brads (Recollections - Michael's), Apron Laced Border Punch (Fiskars), Chompy! (Corner Chomper - We R Memory Keepers)

15 comments:

Karen M said...

Both of these are lovely cards, Aimes and so fabulous to have them published. As PTI would say "Way to go, kiddo!" xx

Cammie said...

Well, I'm glad the card found its final destination and was able to model for Cards. Both are super cute!

Cammie said...

Well, I'm glad the card found its final destination and was able to model for Cards. Both are super cute!

Lynn said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous cards! The second one is true Aimes style..love all the green!

Karen B. said...

These are both wonderful cards and it is great that you got to see them in print.

Maureen said...

LOL, it sounds like you are I like to celebrate our birthdays all month!! Wahoo!! I have to laugh about the card's adventures...I'm always worried mine won't make it and doubly worried when I send YOU something...always a relief to hear it's made it or NOT get an email from Paige asking where it is :) It's a Monday and I'm enjoying a coffee and card blogs before off to my massage appointment! Great first day of vacation!! Hugs!!

~amy~ said...

Such gorgeous cards...huge congrats girlie!

Andrea M said...

That's the way it should be - your birthday should be more than a day!!! Celebrate away, GF!! CONGRATS on the publishing of these uber fabulous cards! So glad it made it to it's destination!

Stephanie said...

I felt a little flip in my tummy seeing your name in print there Aimes so I can't imagine how it must feel for you sweetie!!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday weekend :D Not long now 'til those summer hol's - will be expecting regular blog posts ;) xxx

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

WTG Aimes, both are amazing and I love when they pick your cards up!
My first CARDS pub is in July's issue too, but I haven't seen it yet - must go get the mag!

Nerina said...

Aimes - I'm loving both of these! Congratulations for making CARDS again!! I'd do just about anything to discover where card #2 went to ... 1 going missing is pretty strange, but what's the chance of the second also going AWOL?? I'm so glad that there was a brilliantly happy ending to the story! :0)

Caryn said...

Aimes I am so proud that your cards are in CARDS!! If I ever get off my big BEE-hind and submit anything, that would be the mag I'd want to be in - I love it!!

I wonder what continent Version 2 is in at the moment - do you think it will return to you one day with postmarks from all over the world on it? Lol.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Wow,, It works pretty good and creative,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Suzanne said...

They are both gorgeous cards, Aimes! I love CARDS - it's my favorite!!! Congratulations to you!

Debby said...

Great pubs Aimes and love the character you painted for the misbehaving card!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.