Saturday 7 May 2011

A Polkadot Party!

Hey!

Hooooooooooray for the weekend! :)

I'm kicking off my weekend nice and early here on the ol' blogeroo (don't be fooled though as thanks to the wonder of scheduled posting, I'm probably still curled up in my bed *wink*)

Not so long ago I received a sweet invitation from Rebecca Lynn of Polkadot Door Designs, inviting me to the blog's first birthday party! To celebrate, Polkadot Door Designs are hosting a Bloghop and Inspiration Challenge. Never one to refuse an invite to party, I jumped at the chance to join in the fun...

The way to party is to be inspired by the following pic:


There's three sources of inspiration here so plenty to get the mojo ticking. You can pick one, two or all three sources of inspiration if you wish. See if you can guess what I picked:

You make me Smile

Never one to make a decision, I had my cake and ate it - it's a party afterall - and incorporated all three sources. I'm hoping it's obvious I picked the crocheted flowers! I also tried to include part of the sentiment and some of the colours of the photograph.

So come and join the party celebrations! Peeps who play along could be in with a chance of being invited to participate in next month's Bloghop as part of the Polkadot Door Designs DT!

As well as the fun Bloghop and Inspiration Challenge, the blog itself received a birthday treat and has had a makeover. Take a trip over there: it's looking fabulous!

So anyways, back to the party, right? If you haven't already, join the conga line and party your way through some inspirational projects! Leave a comment on each blog, Then head back to the Polkadot Door Designs blog to tell 'em you've partied with everyone and also tell them which your favourite project was. There's a prize for one peep who does this and there's also a prize for the one of the DT members too who gets the most votes (obviously I'd love it if you suggested my card, but seeing as there's some seriously fabby projects out there then feel free to suggest someone else - I won't be offended!)

Kim
Natasha
Geri
Amanda
Valerie
Jean
Diana
Nicole
Yvonne
Amy <-------- (You are here!)
Dana
Jennifer

Winners will be posted on the 16th!

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend and hoping you too may squeeze some inky time into those crucial 48 hours of R&R :D

Catch ya later!







Card Deets
{You Make Me Smile}
Stamps: Signature Greetings (Papertrey Ink)/Grid (Kaisercraft)
Ink: Plum Pudding (Papertrey Ink)/Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Plum Pudding (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Chalks/Crochet Flower (thanks, Diva!)/Pearl Brad (Recollections - Michaels)/Cuttlebug/Nestabilities/Gem (Craft Supply)

42 comments:

Jennifer Grace said...

Cute crochet flower, the brad centre is really pretty. Like how you've done the sentiment too. x

Emma said...

It's not a party without you Aimes and you brought the best card ;D I LOVE the gridded circle esp. Hope you are well and are enjoying your lie in!

Lynn said...

Oh love the background stamp...gorgeous card Aimes!

Cammie said...

Plum goodness! Have a great weekend!

Karen B. said...

Super sweet clean and simple take on the inspiration, my kind of card!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Okay, love your card... need me to shout it from the roofs so you get some more comments?

Maureen said...

you are always number one with me! I love that you have all 3 inspiration pieces in a CAS card..that is no easy FEAT!! You are a creative genius! And this card is going to make me smile all weekend thinking about your future visit to Canada to help me plan the studio...a business trip! hugs!

Polka Dot Door Designs said...

Beautiful card Amy! So clean and fresh, it absolutely makes me smile. Thank you so much for being part of our blog hop.

cards by cara said...

Simply stunning!! I absolutely adore this CAS card ...

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I just love how simple your card is- so pretty!

Lizabeth said...

The the circle grid. :) Nice work.

Anita Kejriwal said...

What a beautiful card! simple and elegant!

junqueandroses said...

Elegant and beautiful!!!

Debby said...

I love how you've taken lots of inspiration, mixed it all up and created one of your fab CAS designs. A very thoughtful take on the inspiration without creating clutter - great!

Ms. Daiquiri said...

So pretty! Like that it is clean and simple, but has beautiful elemnts on it.

yyam said...

CAS. Really sweet card! :)

Patchi said...

I love your clean and simple card! It sure made me smile!!!

Jen Carter said...

Love this CAS card!! The purple is so pretty and I love the flower!

Sherri Caramico said...

so pretty - you made me smile! ;o)

Fiorella said...

The most beautiful clean and simple card I've ever seen!"

Rebecca Mosher said...

Thank you so much for joining us Amy, it was a pleasure to have you! I love your card, its simple and sophisticated :-)

Valerie said...

I adore your take on this inspiration challenge. That circle grid is making me swoon! Great CAS take!!

Nicole said...

ohhhh your card is sweet :)

xx

~amy~ said...

such a super sweet card girlie!

Amanda Profumo said...

Love your card! Clean and simple- right up my alley!

Lillian Child said...

What a delightful and creative card! Love it!

And I just found your blog and am now a follower. So very nice to meet you! Stop by my blog sometime and give me a shout out!

http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

Creative Mayhem said...

Clean, simple, yet so pretty. The colors pop as does the flower. Great job!

ellen s. said...

oh i love your take on this! the grid..the sentiment..the flower...gorgeous!

Maria said...

A gorgeous card. I love the colours you have used and the flower is beautiful.

Maria said...

Love this card. The flower is beautiful.

Stacy said...

simple, lovely and elegant, yet takes my breath away. Great work!
xoxo, Stacy

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous CAS card! That grid stamp is awesome!

Jean said...

Simple, elegant and fun - great card.

Daniela F. said...

Awesome card! Love the look of the distressed grid. It gives such a cool, modern touch to the card. Also, I had a big grin at the sight of that little green brad. That truly makes it an "Aimes card" :-D

Brittney said...

I love your stamping work!

Andrea M said...

OOOHHH!!! This is gorgeous!!!! LOVE the purple crocheted flower - you've used it brilliantly and in ture Aimes style!!! The green brad is FABULOUS! Love this GF!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Leave it to you to come up with a clean and simple and Beautiful card. Love it!

Nicole Brenna said...

I love the simplicity... really fabby job!

Amanda Johnson said...

What a cute card!

Sherry843 said...

Simple elegance!

ScrappingMomOf3 said...

I love that sweet little pearl in the middle of the flower!

Amber said...

Such a fun blog hop! Thanks for the inspiration!
Hugs
Amber

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.