Sunday 14 November 2010

Boo!

Hey!

Did I scare ya? I always think a delayed 'spook' is way more effective than when you expect to be spooked...well that's my excuse for a major delay on sharing the treats I made for my nieces and nephews for Halloween anyways *wink* I've finally found a weekend where I can catch up with things so I'm making the most of it!

Due to restricted time, and the fact that I have seven nieces and nephews to cater for, I decided to whip out a few of these treat boxes courtesy of the fabulous PTI Favor it Box 1 Die. Combine this with Halloween themed colours and a seriously cute Halloween stamp set and Voila! Halloween treats - done!

Halloween Treat Boxes

Now the only issue with the treats I had to put in the boxes (chocolate eyeballs, spiders and pumpkins of course!) was not only resisting the temptation to scoff 'em, but getting them to stay in the boxes! They kept rolling out and across my table! So I had a rethink after taking that first pic, and decided to wrap the treats up and finish them off with some ribbon (bows for the gals, knots for the boys *grin*)

Halloween Treat Boxes
*Pssst: Ignore my button jars used as props! If you're wondering, they're from IKEA and hold a bag of PTI buttons perfectly!*

It's amazing the difference a bit of clear cellophane and ribbon can make to a gift!

Halloween Treat Boxes

Needless to say, I'm sure these treats have been scoffed and are long gone now! Though I did have some left over and they're sitting here with the rest of my crafting supplies - for inspiration of course! *wink*

Catch ya later!





Box Deets

{Trick or Treat?}
Stamps: Tiny Treats: Halloween (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Cardstock: True Black, Stamper's Select White (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Bitty Star Basics, Bitty Dot Basics (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Favor It Box 1 Die (Papertrey Ink)/Nestabilities/Promarkers/Ribbons (Papertrey Ink)/Cellophane Bags

18 comments:

Andrea M said...

Aimes - these are GORGEOUS!!! So super cute!!!! Love the picture props to ;) Great coloring job too!

Rhonda said...

These are adorable. I can just imagine those eyeballs rolling!!!

Maureen said...

yummy!!!! I see we share the same sweet tooth!! LOL I have licorice allsorts here for report card inspiration...I have 12 more to do, but am up early and will have a better start than yesterday. What a "sweet" aunt you are (pun intended, of course!). I love the one eyed monster. AND I love the button jars. I use the small canning jars that Dawn suggested way back plus some small plastic containers. They are piled high and often fall!! Will make sure the new studio has lots of shelving for those lovely button jars :) hugs!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Cute! cute! cute! In my file for next year this will go. Hope your little nieces and nephews loved their gifts. Now what is up your sleeve for the next holiday and these kiddos? Hugs!

Emma said...

You are just getting TOO GOOD at this crafting lark! Honestly when I saw these I thought OMG! how classy and professional they looked - they would surely not look out of place on the front page of one of those glossy up-market crafty mags :D

Daniela F. said...

Way cute, Aimes!! I'm sure your nieces and nephews loved them. Oooh, I think this little project of yours has finally pushed me over the edge regarding the Favor It Boxes :)

Debby said...

Fabby job Aimes, love all the colours and cuteness and the bags are just perfect tied up with yummy ribbon. Truely treats on all fronts.

Karen B. said...

These are way too cute!

Marisa said...

These are fabulous!! What a good auntie you are :) Love the Ikea prop jars too! I use old baby food jars but these are much classier LOL! Thanks for the tip :)

Jay Gee said...

Wow Aimes!You did a fantastic job on these gifts. They look amazing. :)Judith

Monica K. said...

These are super cute, Amy! :) And I really like the way you wrapped the treats in the cellophane with a ribbon. They look very polished and pretty, like something you'd find at a store! :)

Niki Estes said...

These are so cute! I love the different mixtures of colors, papers, and images!

~amy~ said...

c-u-t-e!!!!! Aren't you such the sweet auntie:)

IamDerby said...

Love these! So very cute!

Vanessa said...

Ok, these are perfect!!! Love love love these, Aimes!! Lucky receipients! So cute and adorable - now I wish I had the Favor Box dies! Hugs, Vanessa x

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

These are so cute. The treats that accompanied them sound delicious!
Thanks to you, I now NEED that die! Oh dear :I
I bet these went down a "treat" ;) LOL, sorry that was lame!
Hugs, Katie x

Terri said...

They are all super cute! I bet the kids loved them.

Alex said...

WOW: Aimes these are fabulous and I bet went down a treat with your nieces and nephews!

Thanks for sharing, I hope you're well.

Bye for now,

Alex x

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.