Monday 4 October 2010

Lovely Leaves...

Hey!

Happy Monday peeps! I have a feeling this working week is gonna flash before my eyes with the amount of things I have to do to get ready for our PTI Make and Take on Sunday! So sorry if I'm a little absent in Blogland this week, but that's why! (Speaking of which, we have a spare place! If you'd like it, then email us at apassionforpapertrey@yahoo.com)

But before I get myself surrounded with stuff to sort, I'm sharing a leafy li'l number with y'all today as well as some pretty cool news. I've been featured over on the Inspirational blog! You can check it out here!

Anyways, onto the leafy li'l number:
Thank You Autumn

This card was made for our brand new challenge on the PTI blog: Awesomely Autumnal! We wanna see creations inspired by the season of autumn. I focused on the colours and the leaves that turn. Now the leaves are definitely turning around here - some trees are pretty naked after the terrible windy and wet weather we've had! I do love autumn, but it's the dry, crisp days I tend to remember fondly rather than the soggy ones! LOL!

Now this card features some of PTI's new colour - Fine Linen; lemme say I *love* this colour! It makes a fab neutral colour; great for when I want a little less contrast than using Kraft and a little more contrast than using PTI's Vintage Cream. I just know this is gonna be a staple supply of mine!

I really hope you can find a chance to play along with us too! Your creations need only one PTI product on them to qualify, so let autumn inspire you and go get inky!

Right then, back to the organising for next Sunday. Organisation was never my strong point *sigh*

Catch ya later!





Card Deets

{Thank You}
All PTI Supplies Unless Stated
Stamps: Turning a New Leaf/Round and Round
Ink: Pure Poppy/Dark Chocolate
Cardstock: Dark Chocolate
Patterned Paper: Dotty Biscotti
Accessories: Fine Linen Grosgrain Ribbon/Jute Ribbon Twine/Autumn Mix Vintage Buttons/Fiskars Apron Lace Border Punch

25 comments:

B said...

Oh I LOVE this image on the patterned paper! So pretty!

Emma said...

Awh I would have given my left lug nut to have been with my sweet, sweet friends on your big day - be thinking of you all :D

I know you will be of course effortlessly fabulous as this card shows. Oh my goodness that stamp looks amazing on the biscotti paper -super yum x

Rhonda said...

This is lovely Aimes. The TX girls are getting together on Sat. and I'm fretting over my still undetermined project. Good luck with your Sun event.

Karen B. said...

I completely am taken with your card, and I can really see in my head your inspiration of the turning leaves. Your card is fantastic. Congratulations too on being featured over at the Inspirational blog, very well deserved.

Clare said...

Amy your cards are beautiful. I am now following after seeing you on Inspirational. Hugs Clare xxx

Dana said...

Oh Aimes, this is super duper fabby! I love the orange leaves stamped on top of the PP! This is sooooo perfect for Fall!

Lynn said...

Of course...no surprise that you were featured on the inspiration blog! I love how you stamped over those yummy polka dots! Gorgeous card...have fun at your make and take...maybe I can fly across the pond to join you!

Christina said...

Brilliant stamping of the leaves in orange over the dotty biscotti! I love it! I never think to stamp these leaves in something other than green, but you have definitely inspired me to try it soon!

Amy Kolling said...

I just LOVE this Aimes! Those leaves look awesome stamped on Dotty Bis! I have to agree.....Fine Linen is a perfect neutral.

~amy~ said...

Love your leafynumber:). Have fun this weekend!!! Big woot woot on the inspirational blog!!

Maureen said...

woot, woot!!!!! congrats girl!!!!! Love the cards they are showcasing and LOVE the leaves on dotty biscotti!!! Genius :D So you're saying I need some linen? Okay, I'll try it :) These colours are over the top autumn fabulous :) Permission to CASE please :)

Laurie said...

Totally lovin' this one! Those leaves are fantastic on the Dotty Bis! Beautiful card!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Super gorgeous card! Love the bright colors you have used and it's so simple too!

Sharron said...

Really love this one! Those leaves over the patterned paper are gorgeous--are they stamped in Pure Poppy to get that color? I so agree about the Fine Linen. I only bought the cardstock but LOVE it. It's just the greatest neutral!

Ingrid Danvers said...

Stunning card, Aimes. I really love it. Fall is my favorite season, so I should really play along with you. It's been ages since I played along with your challenges. Shame on me! ;-) Wish I could come over to the UK to fill that spare spot. Have fun on Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is outstanding, Aimes! I love the effect of the stamped leaves on the dotty paper, and the buttons are gorgeous.

Guess what, I am right next to you on Inspirational...how amazing is that?!! My bit has just gone up this evening I think. Two Yorkshire tykes in a row lol!! x

Taheerah said...

Hope the organising is going well Aimes! Will miss seeing you this weekend!

I just love how much of an Autumn feel this conveys! If only it was warmer weather in Autumn - it'd make it my favourite season by far then! Just love the leaves stamped on the Dotty Biscotti, and you're totally right about Fine Linen - I can't put it down!!

Best of luck for Sunday - sending lots of hugs!

Laura Evangeline said...

Such a pretty card!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

I saw you on inspirational! You totally deserve to be on there.
Good luck with all of your prep and your card is fab!
Having a rough time just now so I'm not sure if i'll get around to this challenge and with my little boys birthday prep aswell....hectic times!
Hugs, Katie x

Cammie said...

Congratulations on your feature on Inspirational! You are so deserving! Thanks for this reminder to stamp on patterned paper. This is such a great fall card! Have fun on Sunday!

Jess said...

I love this! The beautiful rich colours are so eye-catching. Love those leaves!

Cristina said...

I'm dying over this. Total perfection, and now I'll have to give the fine linen stuff a second look. Thanks for the tip!

Tenia Nelson said...

You know I sooo love this card!!!

Nerina said...

This card is so wonderful! These would make an awesome gift set for someone ... hmmmmmm. I think there is a CASE coming on here!

Jen Carter said...

This is gorgeous! LOVE how you stamped that image on the patterned paper! This is a great layout too!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.