Thursday 24 December 2009

T-Minus 2 Hours...

Hey!

So y'all ready for it?! The presents are wrapped and the obligatory scoffing's already commenced yet I'm not with my family in Derbyshire, but I'm stuck in Sheffield! Yup, snow and ice has meant that Chris and I will be spending at least Christmas morning here - hopefully conditions will improve and we'll see family sooner or later (it's my Mum's Birthday on Boxing Day!), or I'm opening the presents I'm yet to give ;D

So just before the big day (it's T-Minus 2 hours here!) I figured I'd share some Christmas cards. I have a few more to share with you but they can wait till later - I've still got way too much to do as so many people (both family and friends) choose to also have birthdays around Christmas too!

Anyways enough about birthdays - here's the Christmas bit!
I needed something kinda easy to reproduce (not mass produce - I can only stand to make 4 of the same design!) that I could mix up a little bit too! Well, mixed up in as much as alternating the colour ribbon and button!

So firstly using that ever-so-festive pure poppy polka dot ribbon and spring moss button:
And lastly, using some ripe avocado polka dot ribbon and a pure poppy button:
I love that the DP really does the talking on this design - it needs little more than a couple of embellishments. Anything more would steal its spotlight!

Card Recipe
(All PTI)
Stamps: Holiday Tree
Ink: Dark Chocolate/Versamark
Card: Dark Chocolate/Rustic Snowflakes DP/Ocean Tides/Spring Moss/Pure Poppy
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities/Polka Dot Ribbon Pure Poppy/Polka Dot Ribbon Ripe Avocado/Vintage Buttons Pure Poppy & Spring Moss


So before I sign off, I'd just like to wish you all a very happy holiday - whatever you're doing! I hope you have a peaceful (and in some cases, merry!) few days!

Catch ya later!

Aimes
x

11 comments:

Ann said...

Cute cards, girl! We're supposed to be at our in-laws right now, but they had a big ice storm and have no power or water! Yikes! So we're heading to my sister's tomorrow instead, then on to the in-laws on the 26th. Have the merriest Christmas ever!

Maureen said...

Oh, wow! Aimes...stunning cards! You're right...that dp does all the talking and you've outdone yourself on these! Great mixing and matching of the patterns!! Hopefully the weather and roads get better for you and you make it safely to your family....have a wonderful, blessed holiday!! And, yes, I think your boys would actually LOVE to make gingerbread houses...you could kick it up a bit and they could build bigger structures...make it a competition even!! LOL It'll keep them busy all day!! LOL

Alex said...

Lovely cards Aimes, love the festive colours and the papers. :)

Hope the weather gets better for you and you make your journey okay. Have a great Christmas.

Bye for now,

Alex x

nasuha ahmad helmi said...

hi aimes,
i would like to wish you to have a joyful Christmas and have fun! =)

Taheerah said...

Gorgeous cards as always! Merry Christmas Aimes! I hope Santa has brought you everything you wanted, and that you and Chris manage to have a safe journey down to your family's place and that you all have a wonderful time down there!

Ingrid said...

Gorgeous cards, Aimes. I hope you managed to travel to your family.

Merry Christmas.

Diane Jaquay said...

Your cards are beautiful Amy, and you did such a great job using that patterned paper!

Liz said...

Merry Christmas Aimes! I love these cards. So cute!

Ted said...

Nice-looking and simple...gotta love that! :) You did a wonderful job, Aimes... please travel safely, wherever you go!

Hanneke van der Linde said...

Your cards are wonderful, Aimes!
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

xoxo

Lori said...

Your cards are gorgeous Aimes!!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.